Celeriac & toasted almond soup
A great recipe from our #SoupScooter runner up @gfreeb
- 1 medium onion
- 1 stick of celery
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 small/medium celeriac
- 1 cup toasted cashews/ground almonds (I used a mixture of what we had in the cupboard)
- 2 chicken/veg low salt stock cubes
- 1-2 cups almond milk
- A squeeze of lemon
- Olive oil
- Seasoning, toasted nuts, apple crisps to garnish (optional)
This recipe uses either...< Our tasty recipes
How to make
- Peel & dice all of the vegetables.
- Heat a little olive oil in a large pan and lightly sauté the vegetables until they start to colour.
- Lower the heat and put a lid on and allow to sweat for 10-15 minutes until starting to soften.
- Cover with hot water, add the nuts and stock cubes and allow to simmer for approximately 15 minutes until the vegetables are very soft.
- Puree with a stick blender until completely smooth, add almond milk for extra creaminess until you reach your desired consistency. Taste and season with black pepper and a little lemon juice.
- Garnish and serve.